California is a state in the southwestern part of the United States of America. It is nicknamed The Golden State. The capital city is Sacramento, and the largest city of California is Los Angeles. It is bordered by the Pacific Ocean in the West and Nevada in the East. Oregon State is in the North, and Mexico is in the South. California is characterized by a Mediterranean climate.
California is a popular tourist destination due to its fascinating landscapes. It encompasses mountain ranges, lakes, and deserts. Read and discover the beauty of California's landscapes.
California's mountain ranges
California is endowed with two mountain ranges:
- The Coast Ranges, in the Coastal California;
- The Sierra Nevada, in the west.
The Pacific Ocean coastline is beautified because of the white sandy beaches, with the crystal blue-green water. Just a few miles from the coastline, California's landscape rises into rocky cliffs. The foothills of the Coastal Mountain Ranges follow the steep cliffs.
California's panoramic landscapes are so breathtaking and attract so many tourists from all over the world. The most beautiful spots include:
- Death Valley: Death Valley is located within the Mojave Desert. It features varied landscapes, including mountains, valleys, waterfalls, a basin, a lakebed, and a dry lake.
- Lake Tahoe: Lake Tahoe is in Sierra Nevada. It is a large crater lake, with mountains and forested areas in the background.
- Yucatan Peninsula: Yucatan Peninsula is composed of limestone. It features a tropical rainforest.
- Rivers of California: California is home to many rivers, particularly Colorado River, Kings River, Sacramento River, Trinity River, Salmon River, and a lot more.
- Lakes of California: California hosts a large number of lakes, including Clear Lake Reservoir, Lake Tahoe, Eagle Lake, Honey Lake, and many others.
- Coastal California: The Golden Coastline which is so scenic with diverse landscapes, which include sandy beaches and rocky cliffs.
The California deserts
California is endowed with three desert areas.
- The Mojave Desert: extends from the Northwest into the Southeast of California. Its boundaries include the Tehachapi Mountains in the North to the Cummings Mountains in Western California, and it goes down into the mountain ranges of San Gabriel and San Bernardino in Southeast California.
- The Colorado Desert: ranges from the Northwestern part of California into the Northwest Mexico border. Its border includes the Colorado River in Eastern California and it goes to the Laguna Mountains in the Peninsular Ranges in the west.
- The Great Basin Desert: is renowned as a cold, snowy desert. The geographical location of the Great Basin from the Pacific Ocean. Its border extends from Sierra Nevada mountain ranges in the west into the Pacific Ocean.
California is so mesmerizing with its fabulous landscapes. Its landscape diversity makes California a top destination for tourists. California's panoramic has featured in many postcards and travel brochures.
To organize a tour of California, contact an online travel agency like Opodo in order to fully explore the beauty of California's fabulous landscape.
Book your accommodation with your flight through Opodo for the best deal ever. Opodo coordinates trips and tours in many parts of the world with its partner tour operators and hotels.