Have you ever made a plan for your next holiday vacation? Riding across the coastal of California or the Golden Coast is a unique experience and fascinating adventure. The coast is home to Redwood forests and well-known artists.
How about parks and sightseeing?
- Año Nuevo Natural Reserve, California: The reserve is a popular tourist venue especially for the breeding elephant seals, attracting thousands of tourists each year. It is also famous for its plant and animal diversities, including the red-legged frog, rare birds and endangered snake species.
- The Point Reyes: This protected area aims at conserving ecosystems. This area is unique as it allows tourists to experience living in the wilderness and in nature. Several animal and plant species embellish the seashore, which is really a delight to the eyes. Tourists can also take beautiful photos along the Tree Tunnel on the way to the famous Lighthouse, and then go kayaking in Tomales Bay.
- The Golden Gate National Recreation Area (GGNRA): Every year, tourists from round the world come and see the five national historic landmarks in recreation area of the California Golden Gate. The Alcatraz Island, Portola Site acquisition Monument, the Port of Embarkation, the Presidio, and Fort Point National Historic Site.
How about historical landmarks?
- Pigeon Point Lighthouse: This area encompasses a historic lighthouse and a historic park. It is the ideal venue for a picnic, and for sightseeing. It is possible also to swim or surf in the water. Adventure lovers can go windsurfing or fishing in motorboats; whereas ecologists can view the wildlife in its natural environment, and hike through the park.
- Alcatraz islands: This is the best spot to learn about military history, prisons and the American Indians. Guided tours are given to visitors. Day tours are different from the evening tours, so the discovery will keep you fascinated throughout the day.
And where to stop for beach activities?
- Tourmaline Surfing Park: This is just amazing. Take a deep breath, relax, enjoy the cool breeze and get away from it all. It is where beginners can practice surfing without stress.
- Imperial Beach: If you travel with your family, this is a perfect destination for you. Take a tour of the beach, see the sights, watch whales in Dana Point, or go on a safari at the San Diego zoo: It is simply an amazing and wonderful experience.
- Rockaway Beach, Pacifica: this is another extraordinary spot for surfing.
Book a flight to California and plan your stopovers
To make the most of your road trip along the California Coast, plan your stopovers before you leave. For example, where to stop overnight, where to eat, and what places to visit. To facilitate everything, go on Opodo's webpage: https://www.opodo-travel-guide.com/. It is an online travel agency belonging to the ODIGEO group. It offers the best routes and accommodations as well as vehicle rentals for your trip. Opodo has the cheapest offers for direct flights to California, vehicle rentals and accommodations to your stopovers.